DESIGN LEAD UX / UI | START UP (10369)
Our client is the upstart start-up born out of a huge, established player in the mobility and travel space. The goal is to become Europe’s leading online destination for modern Camping experiences!
Their backer has a ton of know-how and experience about Camping, so along with solid funding they already have a great head start.
This is where you come in …
DESIGN LEAD UX / UI | START UP
( m / f )
You want to help people identify their dream Camping experience, You understand the power of digital in finding, imagining, searching and booking holidays. You see yourself fulfilling people’s dream Camping holidays through an irresistibly easy digital experience.
You may have guessed, we are looking for a hands-on UI maker who really digs User Experience. You need to see the whole, yet be able to start work tactically; It’s a start-up, so you won’t be kicking off with deep research. Quick testing and shipping rapidly to set up a data feedback loop are the priority.
Having said that, we understand pivoting into value needs a strategic customer view - hence developing the roadmap informed by strategic Design Research will happen together.
If you are interested, read on to check your fit and hit us up with your CV & Portfolio!
- Act as the design lead, working with the CPO to define content, layout and interaction design solutions optimally supporting user’s JTBD.
- Define the user experience collaboratively internally underpinned by a to-be-developed (with you) design process.
- Support Agile delivery of products by rapidly preparing scamps and explaining interface requirements to front-end Engineers.
- Describe requirements in tools such as Figma & Sketch whilst understanding web & native development
- Concept with JSON endpoints, understand underlying data models and appreciate how component based development impacts design deliverables.
- Use tooling (heatmaps, segmentation, split testing, session recording) to assess interface design and make enhancements.
- Work on a responsive browser based experience, with particular emphasis on tablet and mobile product design.
- Carry out tactical usability testing on product concepts and live products whilst checking whether unmet user needs exist.
- Several years building mobile & desktop interfaces with experience leading in an Agile setting.
- Ideally a student of Information Design, Visual Arts or Interaction Design able to express clearly how Industrial Design and HCI have impacted your work.
- Demonstrable experience of design thinking workshops to facilitate team knowledge in solving User problems, ideally backed by photographic evidence.
- Experience handling design delivery in an Agile setting, able to differentiate between Kanban and Scrum based delivery.
- Love for Sketch or Figma design tooling with some grasp of UX tools such as Axure, Framer, JIM with portfolio examples to support.
- Good grasp of qualitative research methods to validate design work remotely.
- Demonstrable experience designing Consumer based experiences, preferably travel based though not essential.
- Ready to take on a lot of direct responsibility in delivering a product which will be highly trafficked.
- Mature outlook. Able to operate independently.
- Communicative and open to feedback – you understand the value of retrospective feedback in particular.
- Open to working in pairs.
- Curious and methodical in analyses.
- Unique opportunity to join a wild ride, going from zero to market leader in crazy fast timeframes.
- Robust financing backed by a single, stable and committed backer.
- Senior package, new laptop, nice offices, friendly colleagues.
Test your ability to the limit - see how your work directly creates value and design a future of Camping so good, no one can imagine it yet.
We look forward to receiving your CV and portfolio!