HEAD OF PRODUCT DESIGN | FITNESS APP (10361)
Our client is a successful fitness app company with over 160 million users in more than 60 countries that has revolutionized the fitness industry.
The founders of this sports and lifestyle company share a passion for fitness and health. They believe that every individual in the world has the potential to shape their body and life, reach their goals and make the best out of themselves. In just over three years and with the help of a passionate team, the entrepreneurs turned the start up into a leading brand in the digital sport industry.
To join the leadership team in Munich we are looking for an experienced
HEAD OF PRODUCT DESIGN | FITNESS APP
The Product Design Team delivers meaningful digital experiences for web and mobile and the Head of Product Design drives the ideas how value is delivered to the athletes. This position leads the Design Team by empowering and coaching the Product Designers who are spread across multiple cross-functional teams. The Head of Product Design further develops the product design vision, scales user experience design processes and has the ambition to deliver the best user experience in the market.
- Developing and evangelizing for an impactful and scalable Product Design vision
- Collaborating with the Product department by understanding business requirements and translating these into projects and initiatives
- Keeping track of all product initiatives and supporting delivery of simple, high-quality and consistent solutions that lead to real business results
- Collaborating with leaders across Product, Engineering and Marketing functions – representing the Design function in the company strategy and planning process
- Collaborating with the Research & Development team, incorporating latest user insights to iterate the products
- Building, leading and empowering the design team – striving for performance and professional development of the team
- Providing guidance and continuously improving the Product Design process following a user-centric and business-oriented approach
- Degree in Design (Communication/ Graphic/ Interaction, or equivalent)
- A few years of experience in hiring, managing and mentoring a design team
- Experience in the senior domain of Product Design, having shipped both mobile and web based products
- Experience in empowering and scaling design in a cross-functional, agile product development setup
- Interested in psychology, human behaviour, cognition, perception and how it relates to design
- Experience in implementing and optimizing design workflows and user-centric processes in a product development context
- Harness the power of typography, proportion, colour, form and movement to create aesthetically pleasing, easy to use interfaces
- Exceptional understanding of design in a theoretical level and ability to translate this into practice
- Self driven, constantly learning and have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- A reliable team player with very high commitment
- Passionate about sports and want to make people more motivated, fit and healthy
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills, other languages are a plus
Are you a design evangelist who wants to empower others to become better? If you are interested in this challenging leadership position and enjoy working in an international and fast-paced environment, please submit your CV to NAKAMA GERMANY.